Executive Search | Chief Marketing Officer| OnCourse Learning
Executive Blog Search
Thoughts Shares Industry Insights
ONCOURSE IN THE NEWS
Reporting directly to the CEO, the CMO will lead the overall go-to-market strategy, drive marketing execution and use data-driven insights to improve all aspects of marketing at OnCourse Learning. The CMO will lead a world-class shared services organization driving customer acquisition and revenue growth for both B2B and B2C markets.
Does this sound like the opportunity for you? Read on…
OnCourse Learning empowers customers to enhance workforces, manage compliance and advance careers through technology-based personal learning. Award-winning content, engaging technology, subject matter expertise and passionate customer support are the pillars that position OnCourse Learning as a leader in the healthcare, financial services and real estate industries.
OnCourse Learning offers a full suite of educational products including state and federally approved pre-licensing and continuing education programs, accredited course content, professional development curriculum, exam prep tools, publications, e-books and educational events in a variety of learning formats such as online self-paced, online instructor-led, webinar, live and blended learning. Compliance meets efficiency at OnCourse Learning with technology solutions for managing, tracking and reporting on regulatory educational requirements through a sophisticated, intuitive and customizable learning management system. A user-friendly course-authoring tool allows freedom to integrate supplementary organization-specific training material throughout OnCourse Learning programs.
Individuals, companies, institutions, educators, associations and government agencies turn to OnCourse Learning for operational and educational excellence, a culture of compliance, occupational tools, customized training solutions and new careers. Corporate customers include key decision makers and mid-level professionals responsible for workforce training and development as well as education companies looking to expand their business. They primarily practice as human resources professionals, learning and training managers, compliance managers, mortgage loan originators, nurses, physical and occupational therapists, allied health practitioners, real estate agents, brokers, home inspectors, and appraisers. Individual customers are entrepreneurial-spirited self-starters, aspiring to better themselves and meet licensure requirements through learning.
The OnCourse Learning Financial Services division focuses on education and compliance tools for mortgage lenders, banks, credit unions, money service businesses, and more through its key brands BankersEdge, Digital University, ProSchools and TrainingPro. Navigating an ever-changing regulatory landscape within many facets of financial services, OnCourse Learning has the proven tools, programs and services to ensure that institutions of all sizes across the nation remain knowledgeable, informed and in compliance.
The OnCourse Learning Healthcare division is the premier provider of continuing education content, software (SaaS) and services to healthcare clients across the U.S. The award-winning, online-hosted application services, which include CE Direct and PearlsReview, are purchased by hospitals, healthcare systems and other corporate clients to support the continuing education and professional development goals of their nursing, physician, and allied health staff. OnCourse Learning also is the publisher of Nurse.com magazine and website, the most-visited place on the web for registered nurses.
With a concentration on value and expertise, the OnCourse Learning Real Estate division offers the required educational programs for licensure and continuing education in the real estate industry. Through its brands Career WebSchool, California License and ProSchools, OnCourse Learning offers a full suite of real estate educational products to help students succeed in every phase of their careers, providing ongoing training and support in several areas of the industry, including real estate, appraisal and home inspection. American Home Inspectors Training Institute (AHIT) by OnCourse Learning is the largest home inspection training company in North America, with more than 60 training facilities throughout the U.S. and Canada.
With 500,000 annual learners, 3 million alumni, 10,000 courses and 100 state and federal approvals, OnCourse Learning is excited about the future. There is a strong feeling of prosperity, community and teamwork throughout the company as it continues to quickly grow and expand in the education and compliance industries.
Founded in 2007, OnCourse was acquired in 2013 through a control investment by CIP Capital, a private equity fund focused on investing in growth-oriented, middle-market companies across the Business Information and Outsourced Services markets in North America. OnCourse is located in Milwaukee.
Based in Milwaukee, or Chicago, the CMO will partner closely with the CEO and the rest of the executive team and become a key member of the Company’s top management. S/he will cultivate pioneering digital marketing strategies across multiple online campuses/websites. S/he will also create best practices, upgrade resources, and instill creativity and innovation to meet the competitive and complex demands of the marketplace while increasing the overall value of the enterprise. The CMO will continue to build an integrated brand strategy while highlighting the unique positioning of the OnCourse Learning product lines. S/he will spear-head a data driven, analytical and outcomes oriented approach to marketing as well as promoting a culture of responsiveness end execution. The CMO will continue to refine the structure and processes of the marketing organization to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
THE CAREER OPPORTUNITY
For a proven leader in online education, this position offers the following career opportunities—
- The opportunity to drive growth in a company—to take revenues from $75M to $100M and more…and to be compensated accordingly
- The opportunity to make a significant impact at this fast-paced, innovative company at a crucial phase of its business expansion and evolution
- A senior role with a well-regarded brand leading both innovation and execution
- A seat at the table with a collaborative, dynamic senior leadership team
- The opportunity to benefit from an equity position in a rapidly growing, PE backed organization
- The opportunity to live and work in the attractive Milwaukee or Chicago areas
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate currently works as a CMO or Senior Vice President of Marketing with experience leading a shared services marketing organization. S/he has experience marketing online education services to Chief Learning Officers as well as direct to consumers and bring a deep level of digital marketing experience. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of execution and the ability to collaborate across functions and business units.
Specifically, this individual brings the following skills and attributes:
- Demonstrated experience driving the execution of the company’s marketing strategy (i.e., “gets stuff done”)
- Experience partnering with internal teams to create cohesive, cross-functional partnerships that are aligned around key organizational goals
- Strong digital marketing experience – email marketing, content marketing, search engine optimization (SEO) etc.
- Proven ability to design and leverage data analytics in developing strategies to maximize ROI and to make decisions on pricing, retention, adoption, etc.
- Experience running a shared services marketing organization for multiple products lines
- Experience marketing to both B2B and B2C audiences
- Strong analytical capabilities. Demonstrated ability to design and leverage data analytics to drive business performance.
- Track record of creating, managing, coordinating and executing marketing strategies and implementing tactical plans that meet and exceed company expectations
- Proven strategic ability with experience developing and maintain the company’s competitive advantages
- Experience defining and direct marketing programs for large account demand creation, lead generation and collaborating with Sales VP for lead tracking
- Experience working with customer support teams to cultivate customer loyalty from post-sale early activation through to usage, expansion, and retention/renewal
- Experience building an umbrella brand and cultivating brand equity in new and traditional markets
- Experience marketing a SaaS based product preferably in the education industry.
Compensation will include salary, and equity commensurate with the individual’s experience.
Travel will be in no more than 25% in a year.
INTERVIEW PROCESS | BACKGROUND CHECK
OnCourse has an Employment Application, Work History and Background Check (provided to candidates). The background check includes compensation verification, professional references, employment and education verifications, state and federal criminal history reports, and drug screen.
Resume and cover letter should be sent as Word documents to Todd Hand (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Alison Thompson (email@example.com) and also posted on the BSG website (www.bsgtv.com). No phone calls please.