Executive Search | Chief Technology Officer (CTO)| OnCourse Learning
Executive Blog Search
Thoughts Shares Industry Insights
ONCOURSE IN THE NEWS
OnCourse Learning Launches New Commercial and Consumer Lending Skills Courses, Credit Skills Diagnostic Assessments
OnCourse Learning Debuts Six New Real Estate Courses in Print
OnCourse Learning Announces Acquisition of Leading EMS Education Provider
Reporting directly to the CEO, the CTO will define and drive all technical aspects of the company while overseeing the design, development, delivery and management of OnCourse’s learning services and solutions. The CTO is actively engaged in the development and maintenance of a comprehensive strategic plan with goals and objectives that support and advance the company’s strategic plan. The CTO will work in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as marketing, production and operations as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness while maintaining customer service with the highest regard.
Does this sound like the opportunity for you? Read on…
OnCourse Learning is the leading provider of licensure, regulatory and compliance education solutions throughout the nation’s leading industries including financial services, healthcare and real estate. Through trusted industry expertise, compliance management and technology solutions, OnCourse Learning focuses on advancing the elearning environment for individuals and businesses to help to build new careers, empower employees through knowledge and identify efficiencies in corporate training management. OnCourse Learning offers a full suite of educational products including state and federally approved pre-licensing and continuing education programs, accredited course content, exam prep tools, publications, e-books, events and a sophisticated and customizable learning management system and course-authoring tool.
Founded in 2007, the Company has provided government and agency-mandated licensing, continuing education, governance, risk management and compliance and professional development solutions to more than 135,000 unique users annually across a broad range of professions, including mortgage originators, bank and credit union employees, insurance brokers, real estate brokers, home inspectors, home appraisers, and information technology professionals.
OnCourse Learning is headquartered in Brookfield, WI just outside Milwaukee and has additional offices in Atlanta, GA, Baltimore, MD, and Norristown, PA. The Company currently offers over 1,700 proprietary courses, representing more than 14,100 hours of educational content and has served more than 3 million learners since its founding. OnCourse strategically markets its content through ten online “campuses”: OnCourse Learning Publishing, TrainingPro, ProSchools, digital University, BankersEdge, American Home Inspectors Training Institute, Career WebSchool, California License, QuickCert, and Energy Management University. The Company’s brands have strong identities in their respective end markets and are among the most trusted providers of high-quality regulatory training.
In 2013, OnCourse Learning was acquired through a control investment by CIP Capital, a private equity fund focused on investing in growth-oriented, middle-market companies across the Business Information and Outsourced Services markets in North America. The Company has been consistently recognized on the Inc. 5000 list as one of America’s fastest growing companies.
Based in Milwaukee, WI the CTO will partner closely with the CEO and the rest of the executive team, and become a key member of the Company’s top management. S/he will cultivate current and future platform integration efforts, lead and manage the internal software development methodology, technology architecture, on-going database design and collaborate with an existing IT team third party vendors in an aggressive deadline, action oriented environment.
THE CAREER OPPORTUNITY
For a proven leader in on-line education, this position offers the following career opportunities—
- The opportunity to drive growth in a company—to take revenues from $70M to $100M and more…and to be compensated accordingly
- The opportunity to build an outstanding technology team
- The opportunity to make a significant impact at this fast-paced, innovative company at a crucial phase of its business expansion and evolution
- A senior role with a well-regarded brand leading both innovation and execution
- A seat at the table with a collaborative, dynamic senior leadership team
- The opportunity to benefit from an equity position in a rapidly growing, PE backed organization
- The opportunity to live and work in the attractive Milwaukee area
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate currently works as a CTO or Senior Vice President of Technology/Software Engineering with experience leading an online learning/ education organization. S/he brings a deep level of LMS logic, organization and experience. The successful
candidate will have a proven track record of execution and the ability to collaborate across functions and business units.
Specifically, this individual brings the following skills and attributes:
- Demonstrated experience driving LMS platform implementation and integration
- Experience in a SaaS based product, preferably in the education industry
- >5 years of experience as a member of a leadership team to establish a technology strategy that is cohesive, cross-functional and aligned with the company’s goals and priorities
- Strong technology experience specifically with Agile software development methodology and a SDLC track record
- Experience collaborating with the product management team to create and update the company’s technology product roadmap, define product requirements and put in place processes for strong alignment between product definition and development
- Experience maintaining and developing internal IT systems to support the company work
- Proven ability and desire to manage and design the IT workforce, while including staff in planning, decision-making, and process improvement; take responsibility for subordinates’ activities; provide talent management skills; delegate work assignments and matches the responsibility to the person; give authority to work independently; set expectations and monitor delegated activities
- Experience working at a high-growth company
- Master’s degree or equivalent with a B.S. in CS, EE, Math or Physics, preferred
Compensation will include salary, and equity commensurate with the individual’s experience.
Travel will be in no more than 10% in a year.
INTERVIEW PROCESS | BACKGROUND CHECK
OnCourse has an Employment Application, Work History and Background Check (provided to candidates). The background check includes compensation verification, professional references, employment and education verifications, state and federal criminal history reports, and drug screen.